Your Guide to Selecting a Quartz Benchtop
You can readily install a durable and hard-wearing surface in your kitchen with our premium quality quartz benchtops. We provide a large selection of styles and colours at competitive prices in our Classique, Premier and Luxe range. Our professionals can arrange for the supply, fabrication and installation of a stone benchtop that suits your requirements regardless of your project size.
What You Should Know About Quartz Stone Benchtops
There are numerous advantages to installing a quartz stone benchtop which includes:
- Durability: Quartz is a hard, durable mineral that makes it ideal to use as kitchen countertops. It won’t crack as easy as slate benches and its heat resistant property means that you won’t accidentally scorch the surface and leave a mark if you put a hot pot on the counter. The durability of quartz ensures that it will look flawless years after installation and add value to your property.
- Easy to clean: Our engineered stone benchtops are non-porous, which prevents liquids and bacteria accumulating in the material’s pores. This benefit makes cleaning your surface easy as you only need a damp cloth to wipe up spills and you can ensure the safe preparation of food on your counter.
- Stain-resistant: Quartz benchtops are resistant to stains; it will remain aesthetically pleasing after many years of use. Even if the sealant of your engineered quartz counter wears off, the surface will still be resistant to stains.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding a Quartz Kitchen Benchtop
Avoid these common mistakes to get the most value out of your stone benchtop.
- Selecting the counter after your cabinets: Quartz counters make for a beautiful focal point in your kitchen which is why you should choose your stone before designing your cabinets. This way, you can feature the natural design of the stone and have cabinets that complement your benchtops for a stylish aesthetic look rather than having the two clash.
- Thinking the sample is precisely how your benchtop will look: Natural stone has unique veining and shading, which is why every benchtop surface will vary between slabs. Samples and images are ideal for getting a general idea about the quartz colour and what the stone could look like in your kitchen, yet you should view the actual slab you will be installing before confirming fabrication with the supplier.
- Using harsh metallic cleaning pads: While quartz is a hard and durable material, you should avoid using harsh brightening pads to clean the bench surface as they make it appear dull. Use a soft cloth and appropriate cleaning products to keep your bench looking flawless.
About Stone Benchtops Direct
We supply, fabricate and install premium quartz stone benchtops to your specifications. Our professionals provide excellent customer service and offer financial assistance. We have an extensive range of quartz material to ensure you find a solution that meets your benchtop requirements and budget. Contact us today to order your kitchen counter.